Sunday, June 13, 2010

Maine Bathroom #1 & #2 (No pun intended)

We took a two week vacation in Maine and I was quite thrilled that the 'bathrooms' were worthy of noting for this piece. This looked like a two-seater...no moons in the doors, but it wasn't big enough for a shed, so I'm going with this thought. Maybe 'his' and 'hers'?

We did a lot of trail walking, hiking, etc, but on this trip it was only to see a lighthouse at Fort Point, near the Penobscot River. I saw the sign only after I caught a glimpse of this 'box' in the woods off the trail.  
Venturing a little closer I realized it didn't look too half-bad! And the closer I got, the more I had to 'go'!
I peaked in and saw it was rustic, but it had lots of toilet paper (at least it wasn't a leaf!). Still,.... it WAS in the middle of the woods,.... in Maine,.....and I have this thing about snakes. You know, those things that might like damp areas (okay, I THINK they would be choosy, but you never know), so I had to look. It's a little too dark to see much of anything....
Nope! I'm not taking the chance. And besides,.... look how healthy and clean the 'soap and sink' area was.... Eauwwww! Could you really put your hand on top of that bottle? The germs are on the top, even though I'd be wiping them with an antibiotic gel. I'll pass. Best left to do it in the woods and hope for not hitting my sneaker with the 'stream'.

No comments:

Post a Comment