Sunday, June 13, 2010

Farmington River Diner

I should have realized that this would be an interesting place by this sign on the front door (actually, does a swinging screen door count as a front door? I suppose if it's on the front of the building, then , yes.) I think I liked the fact that the diner (and it was NOT in the shape or style building of a 'diner') was casual enough to say '2:00ish". Actually, I LOVED it! And do you not think they could have said Closed Wednesday ...  A little less confusing.


Okay, I really liked the fact that the bathroom had an area map (even if it was cartoon-ish) as it was SO interesting. There is a down side to this, though. I was so caught up in the moment of checking out where we were, and where we were going, that I hoped no one was waiting outside the door to use the john. (oops!, 20 mins later. Dear hubby thought I got flushed down the toilet, I was in there so long).
The most unusual thing was this bookcase.
Now  I might have expected this in another part of this country (the Bible-belt areas), but not in western CT.... I don't think I've ever had a Bible in my bathrooms as reading material...Not as a kid, or at any other time.  I wonder how often they restock?

No comments:

Post a Comment