Thursday, December 30, 2010

Zips Diner

Fall of 2010
Where: Dayville, CT
 Didn't think I'd be writing about this diner's bathroom. Hadn't planned on it.... BUT, it was worthy of a post.

First a look at the floor said volumes... typical '50s style. Small floor tiles (I take lots of photos of the bathrooms floors in my post, don't I?), and pink. Like the formica doors and walls of the room. And lots of chrome. (Well, duh... isn't it a diner?)

Two complaints about this photo... First, the latch does not make me think "Secure"...Second. Do you see the space between the door and the wall??? It's pretty damn big. Big enough to someone 'out there' to see someone 'in here'! And that's not what I'd prefer in my moment of privacy.

 Good point: The bathroom was pretty clean for what I'd expect in a diner....
Bad point: Oh, ... and this was the part that had me laughing out loud and hoping no one in the diner heard me. The stall was small. How small?, you ask... So small, I couldn't take a whole photo of it! So small, that when you open the door, it hit the front of the toilet!! Yes, the door hits it, so the door won't open all the way. I started to laugh at this point, then got sillier as I tried to wedge myself through the 'abbreviated' opening (and I'm not THAT big a person). Had to lift my leg over the toilet (picture me straddling the seat- butt to the outside), to close the door (behind me). Only then, could I turn around to 'have a seat'- or rather squat. I laughed the whole time I was in there.... only to have to compose myself until I got outside to report my experience with the "John" to my hubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment